The main role of an activity instructor at Camp Energy is to deliver a variety of high quality activities (ranging from sports to arts and crafts) to groups of children at our camps, ensuring that there is a strong emphasis on participation and skill learning, all the while ensuring that a safe and secure environment is maintained at all times. You will also be the main contact with the children’s parents, giving feedback on the days events and/or the child.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and lead activities for children aged 4 – 14, focusing on participation, skill development, inclusion and enjoyment.
- Be aware of (by having read the staff manual) and ensure that all policies and procedures employed by Camp Energy are adhered to both yourself and the children in your care. These include all health and safety initiatives and safe guarding procedures.
- Assist in the planning of the daily activity timetable for the age group you are working with.
- Assist other team members and external instructors when not leading the activities yourself.
- Assist in the setting up of the camp by attending the pre-camp set up day.
- The supervision of the children during non-activity times such as lunch and collection times.
- Interact with the parents – welcoming them in the morning, greeting them when they come to collect, giving them feedback on the day and answering any questions they might have.
- Other duties as required (e.g. cleaning, marketing etc.).
- Energetic and enthusiastic individuals with a passion for working with children, focusing on developing new skills through play and activity.
- Have experience in coaching and/or teaching and be able to plan and deliver activities based on age and ability.
- Be flexible, able to adapt as the situation demands it to the challenges that arise daily at camp.
- Be a team player, supporting your fellow team members as required and sharing the work load.
- Be a good communicator and be able to adapt to communicate with children, parents and fellow team members.
If you feel that you meet these requirements and you are looking for a fun challenge with great rewards in the holidays then please click here and complete an application form.